1.10.2009

Baby Brain

My sister told me once, "When you get pregnant, your going to be amazed at how forgetful you become." Little did I know that "baby brain" would pretty much haunt me every single day.

Today it was actually a public embarrassment! I'm driving home from work and start thinking about some things I need to pick up. It dawns on me that I could probably find what I need at CVS. I park in the CVS parking lot determined to find what I'm looking for, walk into the store, head towards the health care section, and completely go blank. What was I there for? Surely if I walk around the aisles something will remind my brain what I'm doing here.

Oh! 75% off lipstick! That's not what I came for, but look at all of these colors! Three lipsticks later and I still have no idea what I'm there for. I walk back to the medicine aisles thinking it must be pregnancy related, but there's really nothing I need! The guy stocking the counters asks "Can I help you find something?" He looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I couldn't remember why I was there. His exact words were, "Well, I've never heard that one before. Let me know if you remember and need help finding it."

I go to the counter to purchase the lipstick. The lady says, "Is there anything I can help you with? Did you find everything you need today?" So I tell her, "I honestly can't remember what I'm here for"... by this point I just feel stupid.

I get in the car and drive a little further down the road. Three blocks away I remember what I went there for. Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion! I thought maybe getting a head start on using it would help prevent the wear and tear on my skin. But by this point it's too embarrassing to go back.

This isn't just a one time occurrence. Oh no, there's no such luck. This is every time I get in the car, go to the store, take my PNV (which I stick in my pocket as a reminder, pathetic)... the list goes on. OK baby, we're really happy to have you growing in there, but can I have my brain back? Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I do things like that, and I'm not pg yet! Here's to hoping you get to keep at least part of your memory during this pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My good friend just told me last night that she had the best luck with Suaves cocco butter with Shea .... its super cheap and she said it was the best! haha, GL with the baby brain... it only gets worse :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...