If you're anything like me, you want the facts fast. Sometimes I just want to know what happened, cut to the chase, don't give me the long winded version.
So here are the Cliff Notes:
- Labored at home all day, visited doctor around 2pm to have membranes stripped (4cm dilated), went back home
- Called my mom around 5pm and told her we were heading to the hospital around 9pm
- Mom shows up to watch Lillian around 7:30pm
- Continued Laboring at home timing contractions 4-8 minutes apart, 1.5 minutes long
- Water broke at 9:04pm in the living room
- Left house about 10-15 minutes later
- Car ride from hell
- Got to hospital around 9:30pm
- Barely got my clothes off in time
- Baby arrived at 9:52 - no epidural, no doctor, no problems!
If my husband had parked the car in the parking garage instead of leaving it in front of the hospital doors and grabbing the wheelchair conveniently left next to the door, I would have had the baby in the hallway :-/. Thank goodness he listened.
And here's a picture of my 1 month old little colic monster. Don't let the smile fool you....